Summary/General Description of Responsibilities:
- The incumbent performs diagnostics and repairs on complex control system malfunctions, requiring extensive knowledge of a variety of electronic or digital control systems. Incumbent also performs tests and writes modifications in multiple languages of system software.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of unique situations and problems encountered and identify and reports safety, environmental and other work requirements for resolution.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Exercises independent judgment in performing repairs on any of a variety of direct digital controllers (DDC) equipment by interpreting manufacturer manuals.
- Performs maintenance on boiler/heating plant controls and instruments, as well as heating, refrigeration, air conditioning, and ventilation (HVAC) controls equipment.
- Installs and preforms diagnostics on control system or equipment, sensors, actuators, valves, variable frequency drives and pneumatic controls.
- Performs standard computations relating to HVAC principles of control systems in air, water and pressure
- Locates and repairs trouble faults on communication circuits that interconnect direct digital controllers (DDC) with the energy management control systems (EMCS).
- Utilizes and interprets technical manuals, shop directives, blueprints, sketches, diagrams, and specifications, verbal and written instructions.
- Adheres to proper security practices, foreign object damage procedures and airfield driving regulations, as applicable.
- Responsible for completing daily work order log documenting inspections, maintenance and repair information, to include work performed, materials used and hours worked on each assigned work order.
- Interfaces with customers and responsible for customer feedback, as applicable.
- Operates motor vehicles in accordance with company vehicle policies.
- Complies with applicable federal, state, United States Air Force (USAF) and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) environmental laws and regulations.
- Follows Corporation furnished information directives; Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Policies and Procedures, and contract requirements.
- Complies with health and safety rules and procedures; performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
- Incumbent will at all times wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, & Professional Association), Mandatory:
- Vocational School program graduate in Electronic Controls or HVAC systems.
- Five (5) years' experience working on direct digital controllers and energy management control systems.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic controls.
- Possesses the ability to explain technical information to technical and non-technical people.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Current state driver's license, acceptable driving record and proof of valid insurance.
- Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary licenses/IDs/certifications.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology and applicable facility/infrastructure codes and standards.
- Familiarity with facility/infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional & courteous manner in diverse situations.
- Proficiency and knowledge of a variety of hand and power tools.
- Demonstrated working ability read, write, speak and understand English.
- Associates degree (electronics, mechanical, or electrical engineering) or Seven (7) years' experience in a temperature control manufacture company with factory school certifications.
- Understanding of instrumentation and control system for FMS and energy and control Systems, boiler/heating systems, air conditioning and ventilation systems. This includes experience with Metasys (Johnson controls) Network 800 (Barber Coleman), System 10/10, Trane Tracer, and System 600 (Landis Gyr), Honeywell, and Siebe Systems.
- Ability to use technical manuals, technical bulletins or manufacturer's specifications while performing maintenance, troubleshooting or corrective repairs to electrical systems, generators and associated.
- Military experience.
- Previous experience working on a military installation.
- Experience working on Tinker facilities.
- Familiarity with military-specific facility/infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.
Tinker AFB, Oklahoma, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.