- Licensed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse.
- Professional specialty certification required for certified incumbents.
- Current CPR (Healthcare Provider).
- One year of experience as a registered nurse with demonstrated leadership ability and supervisory potential.
- Certification by the American Nurses Association (ANA) as a Medical/Surgical Nurse, certification as a CNRN with the American Board of Neurosurgical Nursing, or certification as an ONC with the National Association of Orthopedic Nurses preferred.
Employees in this position are, or can be, required to possess thefollowing physical capabilities:
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours a day.
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper operation.
About SSM St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital -
the Shawnee, Okla. community since 1964. The hospital offers a wide
St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital is a 102-bed acute care facility with approximately 60 physicians and 550 health care professionals that has been serving the health care needs of range of services that include cardiology, oncology, surgery, emergency services and urgent care. Formerly known as Unity Health Center, SSM Health finalized an agreement to bring Unity into our system in 2012. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital offers the community extensive diagnostic services close to home. Additionally, it provides urgent care services in a new location that includes in house lab services and X-ray for the convenience of patients. St. Anthony Shawnee Hospital has been recognized for quality by Press Ganey and the Oklahoma Quality Award, and the hospital is a Certified Healthy Business.