The Pipefitter, Maintenance installs or repairs water, steam, gas or other types of pipe and pipefitting. Work involves most of the following: laying out work and measuring to locate position of pipe from drawings or other written specifications, cutting various sizes of pipe to correct lengths with chisel and hammer, oxyacetylene torch or pipe- cutting machines, threading pipe with stocks and dies. This person is responsible for bending pipe by hand-driven or power-driven machines, assembling pipe with couplings and fastening pipe to hangers, making standard shop computations relating to pressures, flow and size of pipe required; and making standard tests to determine whether finished pipes meet specifications. In general, the work of the Maintenance Pipefitter requires rounded training and experience usually acquired through a formal apprenticeship or equivalent training and experience. Workers primarily engaged in installing and repairing building sanitation or heating systems are excluded.
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Current state driver's license, acceptable driving record, and proof of valid insurance.
- Five (5) years' experience at journeyman pipefitter level.
- Minimum Class IV Stick Welding Certificate.
- Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary licenses/IDs/certifications.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology and applicable facility/infrastructure codes and standards.
- Familiarity with facility/infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional & courteous manner in diverse situations.
- Proficiency and knowledge of a variety of hand and power tools.
Demonstrated working ability read, write, speak and understand English
Tinker AFB, Oklahoma, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.