The Material Handler is responsible for performing functions using the SAP computer system to ensure inventory accuracy and proper financial reporting. The responsibilities include compliance with all Smith & Nephew policies and procedures. The Material Handler will stand more than 50% of the shift and should be able to push, pull, and lift 40 lbs. alone and team lift 50+ lbs. The MDS will perform all associated responsibilities in accordance with all Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) policies and procedures.
- Issue Materials and read, understand, and follow pick/material lists for order assembly and review corresponding product documentation to verify acceptability per quality requirements and perform transactions within the SAP system including but not limited to the following: Migo-Goods Movements, Z-Split- Split Production Order, & C011N- Single Screen Entry of Confirmations
- Conduct accurate cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy
- Stock materials as necessary in inventory and point-of-use locations
- Communicate daily job status, issues and trends to appropriate leadership
- Complete all required training and/or certifications via Learn Center and ensure work area is safe and in accordance with housekeeping standards
- Perform in other areas as requested by leadership
- High School diploma
- Must be able to use a laptop
- Must be able to use a pallet jack
Smith & Nephew is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer -EEO/AA/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans and participates in the E-Verify Program.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, Smith & Nephew is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual in the US with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access Smith & Nephew's career website as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling Recruitment Support at 1-901-399-6192.