Summary/General Description of Responsibilities:
The incumbent works under the direction of the Quality Control (QC) Manager and assists in the implementation, administration and execution of the Quality Control Program (QCP) policies and procedures designed to ensure contract requirements are defined, understood and effectively achieved. Plan and complete periodic management system audits to ensure work activities are performed in accordance with established processes and procedures.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Coordinates with the QC Manager, Department Managers, Shop Supervisors, and project personnel to ensure quality workmanship and timely completion of tasks.
- Responsible for performing day-to-day compliance inspections of the Alutiiq LLC Civil Engineering (CE) Services Operations Management contract. Verifies compliance with the Alutiiq LLC QCP and contract PWS.
- Ensures Alutiiq LLC personnel and Alutiiq LLC subcontractor personnel comply with PWS requirements and QCP processes and procedures by performing random and scheduled inspections of work in progress and finished work using appropriate inspection methods and criteria.
- Ensures the organization adheres to and is in compliance with applicable procedures, codes and regulations as outlined in the contract Performance Work Statement (PWS) and through implementation of the QCP elements.
- Inspects and validates actual contract performance against the contract PWS and contract performance metrics (Quality Performance Indicators objectives and thresholds) using various types of inspection techniques; completes necessary inspection reports and documentation required to support findings; retains all inspection data; and records and reports inspection results to the QC Manager and appropriate Department Manager.
- Plans and completes periodic management system audits to ensure work activities are performed in accordance with established processes and procedures.
- Participates in the identification and evaluation of non-compliant services and assists with the development, implementation and maintenance of corrective and preventive actions through the use of appropriate root-cause analysis principles and techniques.
- Uses SeeSOR QC inspection software to conduct scheduled inspections and to enter inspection results in the SeeSOR database in a timely manner.
- Conducts timely re-inspections in areas where deficiencies are identified.
- Works closely with the QC Manager and Government Quality Assurance personnel in the identification and correction of deficiencies. Initiates and assists in providing immediate corrective actions and/or resolution for noted deficiencies. Verifies the appropriate and complete application of corrective actions.
- Makes suggestions and recommendations to the QC Manager to implement initiatives that improve upon or enhance the QCP.
- Reports to the QC Manager whenever project strengths or deficiencies related to contract performance are personally observed or reported/noted by other employees and/or Government Quality Assurance staff.
- Verifies compliance with published schedules through surveillance and random sampling.
- As directed by the QC Manager, investigates customer complaints and reports findings to the QC Manager. Researches and recommends resolutions to customer complaints.
- Verifies compliance with Alutiiq LLC Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), policies, and directives.
- Verifies employee training and certifications.
- Assist with organizational training needs such as scheduling and records management.
- Required to operate Government or Alutiiq LLC-owned motor vehicles and/or other equipment safely.
- Works with the QC Manager to outline work to be completed and works independently.
- Follows all guidelines included those established by the QC Manager, manufacturer's handbooks, applicable codes, SOPs, and other policies as required.
- Will be required to perform various lower classified duties such as (but not limited to) file maintenance, workspace cleanup, maintain office space, and telephone answering as required.
- Follows Alutiiq LLC furnished information directives, standard operating procedures, policies and procedures and contract requirements.
- Complies with health, safety, and environmental rules and procedures and performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
- Wears appropriate Personal Protective Equipment dictated by work environment and posted requirements.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Timely and accurate performance of duties.
- Maintaining assigned work schedule.
- Working closely and harmoniously with fellow workers.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of all Alutiiq LLC related matters.
- Adhering to all safety and environmental requirements.
- Adhering to contract requirements and Alutiiq LLC policies.
Job Requirements, Mandatory:
- Current state driver's license, acceptable driving record, and proof of valid insurance.
- Minimum of three (3) years hands-on experience performing quality control functions, or five (5) years craftsman level experience in a facility maintenance specific trade (such as HVAC, electrical, sheet metal, plumbing, carpentry, etc.), or three (3) to five (5) years having a combination of both quality control and craftsman level experience.
- Knowledge of generally accepted standards of workmanship in facility maintenance, plant operations, electrical systems, etc.
- Knowledge of facility equipment maintenance.
- Familiar with QC/QA principles.
- Familiar with federal and state codes/guidelines.
- Possess and maintain a valid state driver license with and acceptable driving record.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas effectively with personnel at all levels.
- Good administrative skills. Two (2) years' experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and Power Point software programs.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diverse situations.
- Mature judgment and ability to work with little or no supervision.
Job Requirements, Preferred:
- Associate's degree in related field.
- More than three (3) years' experience performing quality control functions on a facility maintenance type contract
- More than five (5) years craftsman level experience in a facility maintenance specific trade (such as HVAC, electrical, sheet metal, plumbing, carpentry, etc.).
- Two (2) plus years' experience performing hands-on QC functions on a DoD contract.
- Knowledge of a broad range of engineering and construction standards, methods, practices, and techniques, materials, and equipment to determine compliance with federal, state, and local codes and regulations.
- Familiar with U.S. Air Force procedures, programs, methods, regulations and resources.
Tinker AFB, Oklahoma, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.