Summary/ General Description of Responsibilities:
- The incumbent assembles, installs and repairs pipes, fittings and fixture of gas, water and drainage systems according to specifications and plumbing codes.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of unique situations and problems encountered and identify and reports safety, environmental and other work requirements for resolution.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Inspects repairs, installs, modifies and maintains plumbing fixtures in water supply and drainage systems.
- Studies base plans and working drawings to determine work aids required and sequence of installations
- Operates heavy equipment such as back hoe, dump truck, flush truck, vacuum truck and towed trailers.
- Locates and marks position of pipe and pipe connections.
- Cut openings in streets and sidewalks to accommodate pipe fittings using heavy equipment, jack hammers, core drills and concrete saws.
- Assembles and installs valve, pipe fittings, clamps and pipes composed of metals such as iron, steel, brass, lead and non metals.
- Join pipe by use of screws, bolts, fittings, solder, plastic solvent, fusion welds, clamps, caulk joints and cut and thread pipe.
- Fill pipe system with water or air and read pressure gauges to determine whether system is leaking.
- Utilizes and interprets technical manuals, shop directives, blueprints, sketches, diagrams, and specifications, verbal and written instructions.
- Responsible for completing daily work order log documenting inspections, maintenance and repair information, to include work performed, materials used and hours worked on each assigned work order.
- Adheres to proper security practices, foreign object damage procedures and airfield driving regulations, as applicable.
- Interfaces with customers and responsible for customer feedback, as applicable.
- Operates motor vehicles in accordance with company vehicle policies.
- Complies with applicable federal, state, United States Air Force (USAF) and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) environmental laws and regulations.
- Complies with health and safety rules and procedures; performs work in a manner that enhances the safety of the work environment.
- Incumbent will at all times wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as determined by position and duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Accurate, timely, and cost effective performance of duties.
- Working harmoniously with customers and fellow co-workers.
- Maintaining strict confidentiality of all ACE related matters.
- Accountable for assigned tools, materials and equipment.
- Cleanliness and safety of shop and work areas.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, & Professional
- Class D Water Certification or the ability to obtain within 90 days of hire date.
- Class D Waste Water Certification or the ability to obtain within 90 days of hire date.
- Minimum three (3) years’ plumbing experience in commercial plumbing systems or utility maintenance.
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Current state driver’s license, acceptable driving record and proof of valid insurance.
- Valid Class B CDL without restrictions or the ability to obtain within 90 days of hire date. Experience operating dump trucks, high pressure trucks, backhoes and bobcats.
- Ability to obtain and maintain all necessary licenses/IDs/certifications.
- Ability to solve problems and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology and applicable facility/infrastructure codes and standards.
- Familiarity with facility/infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.
- Ability to deal with a variety of people in a professional & courteous manner in diverse situations.
- Proficiency and knowledge of a variety of hand and power tools.
- Demonstrated working ability read, write, speak and understand English.
- Five (5) years’ plumbing experience in commercial plumbing systems or utility maintenance.
- Backflow prevention training.
- HAZWOPER certification preferred.
- Confined space training.
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Military experience.
- Previous experience working on a military installation.
- Experience working on Tinker facilities.
- Familiarity with military-specific facility/infrastructure codes and standards, as applicable.