**Sign-on bonus up to $3,000 for external candidates. Guaranteed base pay + monthly sales incentive earning potential. Remote options available after completion of training!**
UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
We are growing our team in Columbus, OH and have multiple Sales Agent openings in the Sales Development Program. In this inbound call role, you will receive a competitive base salary and bonuses based on your sales performance. You will consult customers on their insurance needs and match the correct coverages, products and benefits. Our training classes not only prepare you for your role, but we will pay for and provide support for you to obtain the required state insurance licenses. No license is required prior to starting in the role. During training, all new hires will be required to successfully complete the UHC Portfolio Agent New Hire training classes and demonstrate proficiency of the material.
- Operating hours: Monday - Friday 7:00AM - 9:00PM; your shift will be provided during training with rotational weekend work
- Full time position with flexibility desired based on the seasonality of our business
- Fast forward your success by participating in our onsite training program in a standard day shift for 6 - 10 weeks
- Site location: 5900 Parkwood Place Dublin, OH 43016
- We are offering work from home options
- Participate in a Sales Development Program that will accelerate your career with a company that will help you learn new skills and foster your continued growth
- Collaborate with experienced professionals, mentors, and sales leaders
- Build relationships within a close-knit community of peers involved in the development program to expand your network
- Development program is curriculum based and structured
So, what's in it for you?
Compensation & Benefits:
- As a licensed agent, your total compensation is determined by your ability to work hard, sell, and deliver a great customer experience
- Compensation = Base pay + monthly sales incentive
- Average annual earnings $50K - $65K through a combination of base plus sales commissions
- Top performers can earn $80K +
- Sign-on bonus of up to $3,000 for external candidates
- 18 days accrued Paid Time Off during first year of employment plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
- Fun and competitive work environment focused both on teamwork and individual success!
- More information can be downloaded at: http://uhg.hr/uhgbenefits
- Mainly handling inbound calling, NO knocking on doors
- Answer incoming phone calls from prospective members and identify the type of assistance and information the customer needs with the goal to convert the caller to a qualified lead and ultimately sale
- Ask appropriate questions and listen actively to identify specific questions or issues while documenting required information in computer systems
- Using knowledge of the product portfolio to accurately assess the distinct needs of different prospects, explain the differences between various products, and assist the prospect member in selecting a product that best meets their unique needs
- May make outbound calls to members to follow up on questions or to current members to review current or new products and services
- Assist the prospect in completion of the enrollment application over the phone with complete, accurate and required information, consistent with product requirements and enrollment guidelines
- Meet the goals established for the position in the areas of performance, attendance, and consumer experience
- Meet and maintain requirements for agent licensure, appointments, and annual product certification
**This is a full-time position with a start date in June of 2023**
**UnitedHealth Group is not able to offer visa sponsorship now or in the future for this position**
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Currently in final year of obtaining a Bachelor's degree (or obtained degree no longer than 24 months prior to position start date, from an accredited college/university). Bachelor's Degree must be obtained prior to start of employment
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without company sponsorship, now or in the future, for employment-based work authorization (F-1 students with practical training and candidates requiring H-1Bs, TNs, etc. will not be considered)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Work or volunteer experience in sales, customer service, health care, or health insurance
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Medicare & Retirement. The Boomer generation is the fastest growing market segment in health care. And we are the largest business in the nation dedicated to serving their unique health and well-being needs. Up for the challenge of a lifetime? Join a team of the best and the brightest to find bold new ways to proactively improve the health and quality of life of these 9 million customers. You'll find a wealth of dynamic opportunities to grow and develop as we work together to heal and strengthen our health care system. Ready? It's time to do your life's best work.(sm)
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal Candidates") are not eligible to receive a Sign On Bonus.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.